My exhortation is: Boys of all ages….Step it up! Here are 8 ways to get started.
- Find a mentor or a small group of men with whom you can be open, honest, and authentic.
- Quit sitting on your hands and lead. Take the reigns. Take responsibility. Make a wrong decision if that’s what it takes….just make a decision.
- Put down the remote (t.v. or game console) and grab a book. Learn something new. Gain knowledge in your theology, marriage, parenting, job, relationships, etc.
- Get off the couch. Help your wife with the dishes or laundry so you can have some quality time together instead of her using all her energy keeping the house together. Get on the floor or outside with your kids.
- Get out of the office and spend time with your family. Time with them is more important than the stuff money can buy them.
- Quit being complacent in your spiritual walk. Do what it takes to make time to spend with the Lord and to grow in your relationship with Christ.
- Make prayer with your family members an ongoing daily routine. It should become a regularity as you go about your day to pray.
- Read bible stories or do a bible study with your kids, regularly. Tell bedtime bible stories and teach them about the heroes of the faith.